Thursday, August 2, 2012

Element: Second Nature

I remember an issue of Transworld from my earliest days in skateboarding that I had to have kept for at least two years. It featured a gallery of artwork that had been created by skaters. For some reason, an image from that gallery stayed with me and showed up in my artwork in high school. With this new documentary Second Nature about Janne Sarrio, a former Element pro turned architect, that image came to mind once again. Skateboarding then and now has always made me take notice of, and appreciate my creativity and talents, in a way that nothing else in my life has ever done. I had a love of drawing that started with drawing houses. That moved on to graphic design and drafting. This beautiful film shows how Janne built those connections for his new profession with skateboarding. A journey many skaters make, but not shown this poetically. A wonderful film.

"Second Nature" A Documentary Film About Janne Saario from ELEMENT SKATEBOARDS on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment